CarStart Site Terms & Conditions
CarStart Finance is a responsible lender and part of the Credit Corp group of companies
1. Credit Corp Financial Services Pty Limited (CCFS) ABN 39 146 525 706 (Australian Credit Licence Number: 400871), trading as CarStart Finance, provides access to this site free of charge to provide information about CarStart Finance , its capabilities and the services it provides customers.
2. Copyright in all material (including compilation) on this site is owned by, or licensed to, Credit Corp Group Limited. No materials on this site may be reproduced, altered or further distributed without the prior written consent of Credit Corp Group Limited.
3. All trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and trade styles on this site are owned by Credit Corp Group Limited. Proper use is limited to use in connection with the products and services of Credit Corp Group Limited and its subsidiaries and no other use is permitted without the prior written permission of Credit Corp Group Limited.
5. By using this site, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and any accounts that you hold or maintain elsewhere and you agree to not misrepresent your identity or your account information. You agree to keep your account information up to date and accurate.
6. CCFS uses illion Australia Pty Ltd trading as illion Open Data Solutions (Service Provider) as its third party service provider to enable it to securely access your bank statements for verification purposes, using your transaction history from the last 90 days. Your internet banking log-in details are needed to be able to do this.
7. The Service Provider is a third party beneficiary under these terms and conditions with all the rights, benefits and protections as if it were a party to these terms and conditions. By using this site you authorise CCFS and the Service Provider to access third party sites designated by you, on your behalf, to retrieve information requested by you, and to register for accounts requested by you. For all purposes connected with your use of this site, you hereby appoint CCFS and the Service Provider as your agent to access third party internet sites, servers or documents, retrieve information and use your information for the purposes of the services supplied by CCFS. You acknowledge and agree that when CCFS or the Service Provider accesses and retrieves information from third party sites, CCFS and the Service Provider are acting as your agent and not as agent for, or on behalf of, the third party.
8. Your bank’s terms and conditions may prevent you from disclosing your internet banking login details to anyone and doing so may be a breach of those terms and conditions. You may wish to contact your bank to find out more about this. To the extent permitted by law, CCFS disclaims all responsibility for any breach by you of your bank’s terms and conditions by disclosing such information and shall not be liable for any loss arising from such breach.
9. CCFS’ policy is not to accept or consider any unsolicited ideas or materials of any kind. Do NOT submit any such materials at any time. If you violate this prohibition, we reserve the right to consider all materials submitted as non-confidential and free of any claims of proprietary or personal rights. Such material and all rights will be our property, free and clear of any claims by you or others, and we will be able to use them for any purpose, including advertising and promotion, without compensation or any other obligations to anyone, including you. To the extent that you have any moral rights in copyright material submitted to us, you further consent to CCFS, and each of its nominees, doing or omitting to do, anything which but for this consent would breach your moral rights.
10. CCFS assumes no liability for the security of this site or your communications on the site. It is strictly prohibited to link third party websites with this site without CCFS’ prior written permission. We may permit some links from third party websites to this site, or otherwise include links to third party websites on this site, but CCFS takes no responsibility for, and excludes any and all liability associated with, such third party websites to which it is linked or for material posted to this site by anyone other than CCFS.
11. It is strictly prohibited to use or contact this site to disrupt or damage the site, its contents or its security measures or to harass or disparage CCFS its respective products, services or personnel. No unsolicited email (spam) may be directed to or through this site.
12. If you believe that any material on this site, whether posted by us or by third parties, violates the copyrights or other rights of third parties, please contact us with complete details at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make an informed decision about possible deletion.
13.1 You must not use the Live Chat facility to:
a) corrupt, damage or otherwise interfere with the Live Chat facility;
b) transmit any offensive, defamatory or otherwise unlawful information; or
c) adversely affect the reputation or public image of CCFS or Credit Corp Group Limited.
13.2 While communicating with us using the Live Chat facility, you may be asked to provide personal or other contact information including your:
a) email address if you ask us to email correspondence to you;
b) telephone number if you ask us to contact you following a Live Chat session;
c) address if you ask us to post correspondence to you; and/or
d) employer’s name and contact details.By providing CCFS with your contact information, you consent to receiving communications from CCFS via that form of communication.
13.5 You agree to access and use the Live Chat facility entirely at your own risk, including in relation to all information you choose to disclose and transmit through the Live Chat facility.
13.6 During a Live Chat session, you may be given the option of agreeing to participate in a co-browsing session with us to enable us to resolve a technical issue you are experiencing. By clicking ‘Start sharing’ or otherwise accessing or using the co-browsing service, you acknowledge and agree that:
a) you are authorising CCFS to view and access your web session using third party software and services;
b) you shall remain solely responsible for any actions made by you during the co-browsing session;
c) you fully understand and consent to be bound by the terms of this clause.
If you do not agree with this sub-clause, you are not authorised to participate in a co-browsing session and you should click the ‘End sharing’ or ‘Decline’ button or close your browser window containing access to the co-browsing session.
16. You agree to the payment of a commission to a referrer in the event that you participate in any promotion offering a referral commission.
17. This site is offered on an “AS IS” basis and without warranties of any kind. CCFS disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a specific purpose as well as title or non-infringement. We are not responsible for timeliness, accuracy, unavailability or interruptions in availability, viruses or other defects in the site or its contents. In no event shall CCFS be responsible for any damages to users or their computer systems or otherwise, even if CCFS has been informed of the possibility of such damages and without regard to negligence.
18. This site is offered in the English language and is intended for use in Australia. If you require information in other languages about CCFS, please contact us at email@example.com
19. CCFS’ headquarters are in Sydney. This site as well as these terms and conditions are subject to the laws of New South Wales, Australia, regardless of the location of the user, and any claims of any kind related thereto must be filed in the courts located in New South Wales, Australia.
20. Use of this site is subject to these terms and conditions which you as user accept by contacting and using this site.
21. CCFS reserves the right to revise and update these rules at any time, effective on the date of posting to the site of the new and amended rules.
These terms and conditions were updated in August 2017