For the purposes you agree to in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (‘Consent’), Credit Corp Financial Services Pty Limited ACN 146 525 706 (‘CCFS’, ‘we’, ‘our’) collects personal information including credit information about you. CCFS is part of the Credit Corp Group which comprises Credit Corp Group Limited and its subsidiaries. By agreeing to and/or signing this consent, you agree we can, consistent with privacy and credit reporting laws, collect, use and exchange credit and personal information about you for the purposes outlined in this consent.
Information and Purposes
We collect credit and personal information about you in order to provide you with:
- Consumer credit; or
- Other services stated in this Consent.
The information we obtain from you is used and disclosed, subject to compliance with privacy and credit reporting laws, only for the purposes listed in this Consent, as permitted or required by law or otherwise with your permission.
We require the information we collect from you to verify your identity, assess your credit application and to manage you credit contract. If you do not provide the information sought and your consent to our use of your information in accordance with this Consent, we may be unable to process your application, or we may be limited in the other services we can offer you.
You confirm that you are authorised to provide any personal information to us.
Your Consent to the use and disclosure of your information
By agreeing to the terms of this Consent and/or signing below, you consent to and agree that CCFS may:
1. Use your personal information:
a. To verify your identity, including using the Document Verification Service to confirm that the personal information you provide to us on your identity documents as evidence of your identity match the information held by the agency which issued that document. Our use of the Document Verification Service to verify your identity may involve the use of third party systems and services. You can find more information about the Document Verification Service as follows:
• Website: http://www.dvs.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
• Phone: (02) 6141 6666
• Email: DVS.Manager@ag.gov.au;
b. To assess your consumer credit application;
c. To manage or better service your future needs;
d. To assist you to manage your debts;e. To collect any amounts you owe in relation to consumer credit;
f. As permitted or required by law.
2. Obtain from, or disclose to other companies within the Credit Corp Group and other third parties information about you, the applicant(s), that is reasonably necessary to verify your identity, assess, arrange, provide and administer your consumer credit application, or to collect any amounts you owe to us or any other company in the Credit Corp Group in relation to consumer credit;
3. Disclose your details to a credit reporting body, including your name, address, date of birth and other personal identifiers for the purposes of identity verification against the information contained in your credit file. Should you not agree to have your identity verified by these means, please contact us so that we can discuss other options with you.
4. Provide you, electronically or by other means, with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any other company within the Credit Corp Group, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you specifically request that we not do so;
5. Disclose your personal and credit information to other companies within the Credit Corp Group (including overseas to our related companies and employees in the Philippines) and third parties, including in the United States of America, which provide CCFS with services, such as contractors, agents (including debt collection agents), printers, mail-houses, lawyers, document custodians, securitisation providers, computer systems consultants or providers, so they can perform those services for CCFS; and
6. Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your finance contract.
Agreement regarding disclosure of information to credit reporting bodiesYou also agree that we may, as appropriate:
1. Where you are the applicant, notify a credit reporting body that you as an individual have applied for credit with CCFS, the amount of the credit required and that we are the prospective credit provider (this information may be retained by the credit reporting body even if your application is unsuccessful);
2. Provide your identification details to the credit reporting body;
3. Exchange your credit information with the credit reporting body and any lender named in your credit report or in your application;
4. Obtain information about your commercial activities, or commercial credit worthiness, where relevant, from a credit reporting body.
Agreement regarding notification
Where we provide you with consumer credit, you agree we may notify a credit reporting body, should the following circumstances arise, that:
1. You have applied for credit with CCFS and we are your current credit provider;
2. Your loan repayments are overdue by more than 60 days and collection action has started, or that any such reported repayments are no longer overdue;
3. In our opinion, you have committed a serious credit infringement (e.g. acted fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with credit obligations).
Accessing , correcting and making a complaint about your personal information
Last updated: March 2017